MEC seeks a Development Manager to help plan, execute, and manage daily activities involved in carrying out MEC’s fundraising strategies, in particular, growing gifts from individual donors and businesses. The Development Manager works closely with the Development Director and COO, and frequently with the CEO, and occasionally with members of the Board of Directors. This position reports to the Development Director.
Donor Management & Corporate Giving
- Implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors and businesses.
- Collaborate with Development Director, COO, and CEO to support engagement of new donors as needed.
- Help enter donations and assist with maintenance of the donor database (Salesforce).
- Help prepare reports with the Development Director for the COO, CEO, and Board on giving trends.
- Help prepare timely donor acknowledgements, including drafting thank you letters and making/arranging calls.
Grant and Event Management
- Assist in the organization’s grant-related fundraising, as needed.
- Research, identify, and coordinate the development, writing, and submission of new grant proposals.
- Plan and manage a number of smaller new donor events throughout the year, such as receptions and issue briefings.
Fundraising Strategy Support
- Help steer and grow fundraising activities within the organization
- Develop a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- Collaborate with communications and engagement colleagues to advance fundraising efforts.
- And any other duties assigned.
- A proven track record of identifying and securing new funding sources including individual and corporate donors and foundations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail. Self reliance and creative problem-solving skills.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for MEC's partners, members and mission.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- At least five years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel and Word), Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Knowledge and experience working with CRM database, Salesforce in particular
Other Position Notes:
This hybrid position requires regular work in Lansing and occasional travel to other locations in Michigan and beyond.
It requires occasional work outside of normal hours including evenings and weekends. Office work will include extended periods of time sitting or standing while using a desktop computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to speak, hear and listen in English is required. MEC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy unless someone qualifies for a federal government approved accommodation.
Compensation Package & Title:
MEC provides staff with an industry-leading compensation package. The Development Manager position includes a salary of $58,000 to $77,000 commensurate with experience; full medical, dental and vision benefits; organizational matching to a 403(b) retirement program; and a flexible schedule with unlimited paid time off.
Submit a single PDF with 1) a strong, detailed cover letter, 2) a resume and 3) at least three references (minimum two professional) to [email protected] Include “Development Manager” in the subject line. Please direct questions about the job description to Development Director Tracy Zeman at [email protected] Application review is underway and continues until the position is filled.
MEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the Michigan citizens we serve. MEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Showing 1 comment
Sign in with