As a member of the Michigan Environmental Council, you can receive:
- Support from the Council’s staff, which provide expertise in the areas of lobbying, environmental law, understanding and crafting policy, campaigns, effective messaging, media relations and fundraising.
- Representation of your organizational interests:
- At meetings and hearings of the State Legislature, Department of Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Quality and other state departments and agencies;
- At public forums and business and professional association meetings;
- Through press contacts and public media outlets; and
- In judicial action to uphold environmental laws.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining your organization’s relationship with state officials through our bi-annual legislative breakfast, annual parties, support in conducting in-district meetings, and facilitated meetings with state agencies.
- Access to our environmental clearinghouse that includes the Michigan Environmental Report, the MEC Capitol Updates, member mailings, e-mail mailing lists, the Michigan Action Project, and other information.
- Educational workshops on environmental issues, media relations, advocacy, constituency building, volunteer recruitment and message development.
- Capacity building programs that engage your individual members in action, increasing our coalition's depth of influence.
- Enhanced opportunities to network with other members of the environmental community.
Dues paid by MEC member groups are tied to their annual operating budget, according to the following formula:
|Member Group Operating Budget||MEC Dues (annual)|
|Less than $25,000||$100|
|$25,000 - $100,000||$250|
|$100,000 - $250,000||$500|
|Greater than $250,000||$1,000|
Membership applications are reviewed by MEC's Board of Directors, which meets quarterly.
If you would like to submit an application for consideration, download this form and submit it to the contact information listed on the form.Download Application